- MS 1453/169/1-2;D Letters (2) to Kathleen Scott, 1 January to 2 April 1912 [His support for Scott's expedition] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1453/170;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 2 June 1910 [Best wishes for expedition] 1 leaf, holograph
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Edward Hobart Seymour/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation2 June 1911 to 2 April 1912
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 3 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The British Antarctic Expedition,1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) carried out scientific programmes and exploration from a base at Cape Evans. After successfully reaching the South Pole on 17 January 1912 Scott and his companions (Wilson, Oates, Bowers and Evans) died during the return journey.
Seymour was one of many to write to Scott and his wife prior to and during the expedition giving his support.