Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham. Most of the music consists of English, Italian and French songs and operatic arias, late seventeenth to early eighteenth century. Parts for one or two voices, bass line, and (rarely) other accompaniments are given in score. Some teaching notes are included.
Music Collected by the Blount Family, Mapledurham
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Mus. d. 246-58, e. 43-6
- Dates of Creation18th-19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Italian, and French.
- Physical Description17 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Blount family at Mapledurham.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.