Two manuscript reports on the progress of students in the German and Hebrew classes by the respective teachers, Wiliam Wittich and Hyman Hurwitz, both dated Jun 1835.
London University Student Progress Reports
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 103 MS ADD 101
- Dates of CreationJun 1835
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 manuscript reports
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Hyman Hurwitz was a well known biblical scholar and teacher of the Hebrew language when he was appointed as the first Professor of Hebrew at the University of London in 1828. He remained until his death in 1844. William Wittich was appointed as teacher of the German language (not Professor) in 1834 and remained until 1848.
The papers are available subject to the usual conditions of access to Archives and Manuscripts material, after the completion of a Reader's Undertaking.