Duplicate minutes, reports, correspondence, publications, administration. Most of the records consist of General Secretary's correspondence files, but a small number of duplicate minutes (not quite corresponding to the minutes already catalogued) and miscellaneous material remains and has been catalogued under 4IBS/8/D/2 below.
General Secretary's papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 4IBS/8
- Former ReferenceGB 106 4/IBS2
- Dates of Creation1929-1971
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description15.5 A Boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
See the corporate history for International Bureau for the Suppression of Traffic in Persons; c.1898-1971 (in particular the section from 1950).
They have been arranged chronologically:
* inter-war years and the years of the Second World War;
* early post-war years (to 1957);
* later post-war years (form 1957 to 1971).
This collection is available for research. Readers are advised to contact The Women's Library in advance of their first visit.
These files came to The Fawcett Library at the same time as the main bulk of IBS and British Vigilance Association (BVA) records, but remained uncatalogued until 1996 when they were sorted and listed with other National Vigilance Association (NVA), BNC and BVA correspondence files.