Manuscript letter to his mother, with 26 photographs (4 December 1917, nd); 24 manuscript letters to his mother and father (8 January 1917-12 November 1918); Telegram (22 January 1917); Post Office form regarding letters and parcels for Mesopotamian Expeditionary Force and East African Expeditionary Force (December 1916); 2 copies of typescript recollections relating to the Battle of Shargat, Northern Mesopotamia, 26 October 1918 (nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (July 1977).
Sir Kenneth O'Connor papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 074
- Dates of Creation1916-1977
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and printed material. Includes a telegram and a Post Office form.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Kenneth Kennedy O'Connor was born in India in 1896, educated in Ireland, and trained at Sandhurst. As a 2nd Lieutenant, 14th Battalion, The Sikh Regiment, he served in India and Mesopotamia. He was mentioned in despatches and awarded the MC (Military Cross).
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available