Study number 1384: Slave Trade Movement between Africa and the Americas, 1817-1843: Variables include: Ship's port of arrival, date of arrival, type of vessel, tonnage, master's name, number of guns, number of crew, national flag, number of slaves, port of departure, number of days of voyage, mortality.
Study number 1385: English Slave Trade, 1791-1799 - House of Lords Survey: Variables include: Ship's name, tonnage, home port of ship, departure date, African port of arrival, date of African arrival, slaves taken on board (total number), slave mortality, slaves relanded before African port departure, number of slaves shipped, date of African departure, American port of arrival, date of arrival in New World, number of slaves landed, date ship left America.
Study number 1912: Macro-Economic Time Series for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and France - Transportation and Public Utilities, 1837-1974, Dataset 03a: The NBER collection - now containing an estimated 1.6 million entries - is divided into 16 major categories:
- Production of Commodities (SN:1916)
- Construction (SN:1901)
- Transportation and Public Utilities (SN:1912)
- Prices (SN:1904)
- Stocks of Commodities (SN:1913)
- Distribution of Commodities (SN:1910)
- Foreign Trade (SN:1907)
- Income and Employment (SN:1582)
- Financial Status of Business (SN:1908)
- Savings and Investment (SN:1911)
- Security Markets (SN:1906)
- Volume of Transactions (SN:1909)
- Interest Rates (SN:1753)
- Money and Banking (SN:1485)
- Government Finance (SN:1621)
- Indexes of Leading, Coincident and Lagging Indicators (SN:1914)
Study number 2179: British and Irish Emigrants to the U.S.A. in 1841: Variables include: Age, sex, occupation, nationality, type and size of migrating household; type of vessel, class of accommodation, data and port of arrival and departure, destination and place of last residence (where available).
Study number 2223: Sound Traffic, 1784-1795: Includes time period: 1784 to 1795; Country: Denmark, Sweden, The Sound; Observation unit: text units for one ship.
Study number 2537: French Privateering, 1793-1815: Variables include: Names of ship, captain, managing owner; port from which vessel sailed; vessel's tonnage, numbers of cannon, carronades, swivel guns; size of crew; year when vessel made its cruise and year of construction; indicators of whether the vessel was captured and whether sailing with Guerre et marchandise marque.
Study number 2923: Liverpool Trade and Shipping, 1744-1786: Information includes Liverpool overseas trade and shipping; trans-atlantic voyage patterns; slave trade; Liverpool shipowners and merchants; war and its impact on trade and shipping.
Study number 3218: Gloucester Port Books, 1575-1765: The Exchequor Port Books are a unique and invaluable source for studying coastal trade from the late 16th to the early 18th centuries. They record in detail the movement of boats which passed on coastal voyages between domestic ports and havens, naming operators and boats involved in the trade and describing the cargoes carried. The Gloucester Port Books database describes some 2 million discrete entities of information relating to the movement, organisation and operation of goods traded coastally. These data will facilitate research into a wide range of topics including the importance of waterborne trade with details of the range of goods carried in all economic sectors, the impact of river navigation on industry, and the role of river trade in early modern industrial development.
Study number 4100: Digest of Welsh Historical Statistics - Transport, 1700-1975: The main tables are:
- Canals - Mileage and costs at opening, South Wales and North Wales, 1700-1945
- Canals - Iron carried on the Monmouthshire, 1820-1840, and Glamorganshire, 1817-1840, canals
- Railways - Mileage, traffic and capital, 1848-1938
- Roads - Mileage, 1860-1974
- Road vehicles - Licences current, by type, 1926-1974
- Ports - Total tonnage of coasting vessels belonging to main ports, 1709-1751
- Ports - Foreign trade, value of imports and exports, main ports, 1857-1972; shipping registered at main ports, 1814, 1815, 1829
- Ports - Cargo traffic through main ports, 1911-1974
- Ports - Cargo traffic, by type of cargo, main ports, 1922-1974
- Ports - Shipping movements: Cardiff, arrivals and departures, 1841-1886; main ports, arrivals 1911-1938, arrivals and departures, foreign and coastal, 1946-1971
- Civil aviation - Movement, by type, passengers and freight carried, Welsh air ports, 1938-1974
- Communication - Number of letters and parcels posted, 1938-1975; number of broadcast receiving licences in force, 195 4-1975