3 photographs (n.d.); 2 manuscript pencil plans of accommodation at Ruhleben (n.d.); 4 pencil drawings of Ruhleben views (31 July 1915, 21 Aug. 1915, n.d.); 3 pen&ink drawings by R. Walker (n.d.); Typescript copy of recollections "The German Revolution of November 1918" (Nov. 1936); Pearwood screwdriver.
Jeffrey Messent papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection RUH 35
- Dates of Creation1915-1936
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, and photographs Includes various drawings and a Pearwood screwdriver
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Jeffrey Sutton Messent, a British Civil Prisoner of War, was interned at Ruhleben, 1914-1918, living in Barrack No. 10.
Access is unrestricted
The screwdriver was placed in the Collection by W. E. Swale. The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs J. M. Messent (widow). See Ruhleben Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Ruhleben catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available