Correspondence and papers of Philip Wynter relating to his association with the University of Oxford.
Papers of Philip Wynter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 6071-3, d. 2916, e. 3047
- Dates of Creation1772-1869
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Philip Wynter (1793-1871) was Fellow and President of St. John's College, Oxford, and Vice-Chancellor of the University, 1840-1844.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by Clement and Anthony Lister in 1997.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The papers were deposited in the Library by E. Lister in 1920.