Minutes of the Gordon Memorial College Council, 1944-1948; material on educational expansion in Sudan: Southern Sudan, 1946-1950; Northern Sudan, 1947-1956.
Ina Beasley Collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 165 0022
- Dates of Creation1944-1949
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Ina M Beasley (1898-1994)
Born 1898 née Girdwood. 1919-1922 University College, London and Teacher’s Diploma from Institute of Education, London. Taught at Adult Education Dept., University of Nottingham. 1930 went to Burma with her husband. 16th July 193[?] obtained external PhD. from University College, London. Part-time English Lecturer and tutor to External Women Students at Rangoon University. 1939 – 1942 Superintendent, Girl’s Education (Omdurman). 1942-1949 Controller of Girl’s Education (Khartoum) and also member of the Gordon Memorial College Council. 1949 retired from Sudan Government. 1951-1961 Lecturer in English at the Maria Grey Teacher Training College and Lecturer in the Institute of Education.
1. 'Gordon Memorial College First Council 1944'
2. 'Gordon Memorial College 10th Meeting'
3. 'Proposals for the expansion and improvement of the education system in the Sudan. Part I Northern Sudan covering the years 1947-1951-1956. Part II Southern Sudan covering the years 1946-1950'
For further information on how to use the Middle East Centre Archive, please see our Archon entry at http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/a/A13531965
Received from Ina M. Beasley in 1965
Other Finding Aids
Fonds level description created by Clare Brown 11 Jun 1998, revised by Jane Kruz 1 Dec 2009. File level description created by Jane Kruz 1 Dec 2009. Biographical detail from fonds level description by Clare Brown and also based on information in the catalogue for Ina Beasley Collection in the Sudan Archive, Durham University.
Conditions Governing Use
No restrictions on copying or quotation other than statutory regulations and preservation concerns
In possession of Ina M. Beasley