Typescript extracts from letters from Geoffrey Jefferson to Gertrude. The typescript was written by Michael Harmer from a dictation on audio-tape by Antony Jefferson. The extracts are from letters dated 26 April 1916 to 28 June 1917. Although the letters are not complete, they include interesting details on Jefferson's impressions of Petrograd and the hospital. The field hospital at Lutsk is described, and Jefferson gives his personal impressions of individuals working at the hospital, the war in general, Lenin and the revolution. Most extracts are quoted verbatim, but some letters have been summarised by Antony.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 JEF/1/4/1/12
- Dates of CreationCopy n.d. [198-?]originals 1916-1917
- Physical Description8 sheets