When Egas Moniz, Portuguese Nobel Prize winning physician and neurologist, died at the end of 1955, Almeida Lima (a Portuguese neurosurgeon) invited Jefferson to represent World Neurology at a memorial for Egas Moniz. This file contains correspondence relating to that visit, and a cutting about a previous visit to Portugal by Jefferson for the International Congress of Neurology in 1953.
- /1 Letter from Almeida Lima, Centro de Estudos Egas Moniz, 3 February 1956 (2 sheets).
- /2 Letter from Theresa Keegan 'Foreign University Interchange Scheme', with typescript notes on administrative and financial arrangements, 15 February 1956 (2 sheets), and copy reply, 20 February 1956.
- /3 Copy replies to Almeida Lima, 10 February 1956 and 21 February 1956.
- /4 Letter from Almeida Lima, 31 March 1956.
- /5 Letter from Almeida Lima, 23 April 1956, with enclosed letter from the Academia das Ciencias (in Portuguese), 16 March 1956.
- /6 Newspaper cutting titled 'O congresso de Neurologia' from Diario Popular. The article is about the fifth International Neurological Congress in Lisbon, with a cartoon of Jefferson, 12 September 1953. In Portuguese.