Letters to Jefferson relating to the Hugh Cairns Memorial Lecture.
- /1 Letter from Dr. Dorothy S. Russell about Cairns' interest in pathology and her professional relationship with him, 31 December 1957.
- /2 Letter from Sir Charles Symonds after Jefferson's lecture, commenting on Hugh Cairns' career, 23 October 1958.
- /3 Letter from Douglas W. C. Northfield commenting on Jefferson's lecture, n.d.  (with photocopy annotated by Antony Jefferson).
- /4 Letter from G. Liddle, British Medical Journal, about the publication of the Hugh Cairns Memorial Lecture, 24 August 1959.
- /5 Letter from Dr. Dorothy S. Russell after reading the published lecture, 21 October 1959.
- /6 Poster for the Hugh Cairns Memorial Lecture, 1958.