Letter from Ralph Bailey, a neurosurgeon appointed by the EMS at Crumpsall Hospital. After the grading of medical staff which occurred in 1949, Bailey received a letter he described as 'a vote of no confidence', which he enclosed to Jefferson but which does not survive. Bailey thought that the letter may have been motivated by a desire to prevent an attempt to establish a neurosurgical unit at the hospital and to challenge Jefferson's authority.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 JEF/1/6/1/65
- Dates of Creation8 Jul 1949
- Physical Description2 sheets