There are four items of correspondence in this series.
1943 - William Harold Ingrams
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 891 RAS BMM/8
- Dates of Creation1943 - 1945
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Harold Ingrams, OBE CMG, was a British colonial administrator who served in Zanzibar, Mauritius, the Aden Protectorate, the British Zone in post-WW2 Germany, and the Gold Coast. He is best known for his posting in Mukalla, together with his wife Doreen, where he oversaw the Hadhramaut region and brokered a truce between feuding tribes known as "Ingrams' Peace".