Identification certificate (26 Mar. 1919); 6 embroidered postcards (2 Jan. 1918, n.d.); Leaflet advertising Walter Lawrence and his orchestra (n.d.); 1st Battalion, Queen's Westminster Rifles, "B" Company reunion dinner menu (8 Mar. 1920); 1st Battalion, Queen's Westminster Rifles, "C" Company reunion dinner menu (13 Mar. 1920); National Registration card (28 Mar. 1919); POW (Prisoner of War) identification card (1918); Discharge certificate (25 Mar. 1919); Pension certificate (19 Aug. 1919-21 July 1920); War badge certificate (12 May 1919); Hospital cards (25 Mar. 1919); Press cutting relating to Walter Lawrence and his orchestra (20 Mar. 1925); Photograph (n.d.); Medals, wound stripe and identification dog tag (1900-1902, n.d.); Book of musical scores (1918-1919); Typescript recollections with trench plan (n.d.).
Walter Lawrence papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection POW 040
- Dates of Creation1900-1925
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; typescript, postcards, a photograph, and printed material Includes various certificates, medals, a wound stripe, a book of musical scores, and hospital cards
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter Harold David Lawrence (b. 1898), a Private, 16th Battalion, London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles), was captured, Mar. 1918, and held as a POW (Prisoner of War) at Solta.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by P. D. Lawrence (son). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
POW catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available