The papers include:
1. Letters that ask permission to nominate her to NFWI committees and correspondence to congratulate her on appointment/election to them or commiseration on non- re-election in 1956.
2. Letters from various National Chairmen and past Chairmen that reflect on problems with running the WI and the College containing some comments on elections and also on the working relationship with staff.
3. Correspondence concerning the illness of Elizabeth Christmas.
4. Letters that refer to running Denman College and letters to Mrs Bateson when she was acting Warden.
5. Various papers, including some press cuttings that relate to Mrs Bateson's speaking engagements on behalf of NFWI, training days, and conferences.