Papers of David Thomas and members of his family, including mathematical exercises; correspondence relating to parish, school and personal affairs; plans of Garsington rectory; notebooks; accounts; a recipe book; photographs; newspaper cuttings; and miscellaneous papers of the Thomas family.
Papers of David Thomas, Rector of Garsington, Oxfordshire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.oxon.c.668-75,d.736-44,d.755,e.528-36,e.538-9,f.82-7,g.20
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Oxon. c. 668-75, d. 736-44, d. 755, e. 528-36, e. 538-9, f. 82-7, g. 20
- Dates of Creation1839-[ca. 1911]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description36 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
David Thomas (1836-1911) was rector of Garsington, Oxfordshire.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Robin Waterfield Ltd. in 1978, except MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 755, e. 538-9, g. 20, which were given by Robin Waterfield in 1978, and MS. Top. Oxon. d. 739, which was bought from H.M. Colvin in 1977.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.