Concerning an exhausted and depressed Gertrude, writes pessimistically about the course of the war. Notes dissatisfaction and trouble amongst the troops at the Front, particularly the gurkhas, who are to be transferred to Egypt.
Letter from Gertrude Bell to Lieutenant Colonel Charles Doughty-Wylie concerning her thoughts on the course of World War One
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 186 GB/DW/1/4
- Dates of Creation13 Jan 1915
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 item, paper. 1 sheet. Envelope
Scope and Content
Other Finding Aids
A transcription of this letter is available here .