Rate book consisting of important particulars such as to names of farms, tenants, extent of farms, rent, rateable value and signatures of Justices of the Peace.
Llangwnnadl Rate Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmssllrb
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS LLRB
- Dates of Creation1854-1856
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The parish of Llangwnnadl, Caernarfonshire, was, in common with other parishes, a major instrument of local government and tax collection with responsibility for poor relief, maintenance of highways and law and order, which continued until local government reforms in the late nineteenth century.
Incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Description compiled by Anne Lenaghan and Elen Wyn Hughes, February 2003.
Other Finding Aids
A typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference number : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 492
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.