Correspondence to and from Millicent Garrett Fawcett. The letters are mostly manuscript in the authors' hands. Some letters are typed, as indicated in the catalogue. The description 'duplicated' indicates letters that were reproduced for circulation, usually amongst the suffrage societies. Page references are for quotations of or references to these letters in Ray Strachey's biography 'Millicent Garrett Fawcett' 1931.
The letters were arranged in 'volumes' as follows [volume = the folder it is stored in?].
* 7MGF/001-049 Volume I
* 7MGF/050-128 Volume II
* 7MGF/129-151 Volume III
* 7MGF/152-174 Volume IV
* 7MGF/175-198 Volume V
* 7MGF/199-213 Volume VI
* 7MGF/214-235 Volume VII
The arrangement is predominantly chronological, with some groupings by subjects as follows:
* 7MGF/11-14 Comprises correspondence between Alfred Gilbert, RA, who sculpted a memorial tablet to Mr Henry Fawcett, and FJ Dryhurst, former private secretary to Mr Fawcett.
* 7MGF/098-104 Collection of letters formerly in an envelope. The envelope had a manuscript note probably written by Jane Norton, Hon Librarian to the Fawcett Society (then LSWS) in 1920s, as follows: 'NUWSS - Policy 1915. 'Armstrong' correspondence (Might be added to Autograph Collection when everyone concerned is dead, but would be better destroyed!)'
* 7MGF/152-174 Volume IV comprises Indian Letters by (a) Alice and Cornelia Sorabji, 1899, 1904, 1917 and (b) Others, 1915-1918, arranged by correspondent, in date order of the commencement of each correspondent's letters.
* 7MGF/175-198 Volume V comprises Paris Women's Congress, 1919 (Mrs Fawcett's papers). These are arranged in the order given on Mrs Fawcett's list. Items not on her list follow those that are, in date order. Also includes letters from Mrs Corbett Ashby and Miss M Fry, attending the deliberations in Paris following the International Women's Conference, and in conjunction with the setting up of the League of Nations, Mar-May 1919.
* 7MGF/199-213 Series of letters from Mrs Corbett Ashby and Miss M Fry, attending the deliberations in Paris following the International Women's Conference, and in conjunction with the setting up of the League of Nations, Mar-May 1919.
* 7MGF/214-235 Volume VII consists of material catalogued in 2007 and includes correspondence between Millicent Garrett Fawcett various individuals including Lady Gertrude Cochrane, Louisa Garrett, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, John Murray and Robert Cecil. The order of this material is not as coherent as that of previous volumes.