Papers of E.J. Nathan including correspondence, memoranda, printed reports, diaries, articles, press cuttings and maps, relating to the Chinese Engineering and Mining Company and the Kailan Mining Administration.
Papers of E.J. Nathan
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.a.16-17,c.418-64,d.280,e.223-6,g.20
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. a. 16-17, c. 418-64, d. 280, e. 223-6, g. 20
- Dates of Creation1898-1962
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description55 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edward Jonah Nathan was chairman of the Chinese Engineering and Mining Company and its associate the Kailan Mining Administration.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by Nathan's widow in 1965.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39484-538.