The bundle contains the following vouchers relating to the purchase of cinders for road-making on the Cheshire Estates: a large number of weighing machine tickets stating the weights of deliveries of cinders; statements of the account of the Earl of Stamford with contractors and hauliers for carting cinders; invoices from the Bridgewater Navigation Company for the carriage of cinders; and invoices for supplying and carting cinders from Thomas Royle of Broadheath in Altrincham, coal and cinder dealer, John Taberner of Altrincham, coal dealer, George Morton of Oldfield in Dunham Massey, and Henry Cooke of Altrincham, coal dealer.
Bundle of Road-Making Vouchers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR14/19/5
- Dates of Creation1870-1879
- Physical Description620 pieces. Condition: the bundle has been severely affected by dampness and mould-growth causing decay and weakening of paper.
Scope and Content
Received from the Stamford Estate Office in Altrincham on 21 February 1991.