Parties: 1a) Rt Hon George [Booth, 1st] Lord Delamer, b) Lady Elizabeth his wife
2) Hon Henry Booth esq (1651-94) son and heir apparent of (1)
3) William Andrewes of Dunham Massey gent, and William Tipping of Benchill [to. Northen Etchells] ("Benshall") gent
4) Samuel Andrewes of Ormskirk co. Lancs gent, and Arthur Borron of Warrington co. Lancs gent
5) Hon Vere Booth daughter of (1a) by Lady Katherine his former wife
(1) are to levy a fine unto (3) of the manors and lands below, to create tenants to the precipe for the purpose of suffering a common recovery. (4) are to recover the property from (3) and hold to the following uses:
The manors of Thornton le Moors, Stayley and Hattersley: to the use of (1a) and his brother Nathaniel Booth of Mottram St Andrew esq (b 1627) for ever.
The manor of Carrington: to the use of (1a) for life without impeachment of waste, thereafter to the use of Sir John Monson sen of Burton co. Lincs bart, in trust for raising £6000 as a portion for (5) [cf. EGR1/8/3/6], remainder to the right heirs of (1a).
All other manors and baronies: to the use of (1a) for life without impeachment of waste, thereafter to the use of (1b) for life [as jointure], remainder to the right heirs of (1a).
(1a) reserves to himself the power to grant leases for up to 21 years or 3 lives during his terms.
Signatures of all except (4) on turn-up.
Endorsed: "Deed to Lead the use of a fine and Recovery for Settleing the Lady Delameres Joynture and Secureing Mrs Veres Boothes Portion".