The volume contains copies of letters from Maxwell Roscoe to tenants, purchasers on chief rent, local authorities, contractors, estate staff and others, concerning leases, sales on chief rent, repairs to estate property, permanent improvement schemes, the making of roads, laying of sewers and other works. There is an index of addressees at the front of the volume.
Copy Letter Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR14/66/3
- Dates of Creation1876-1896
- Physical Description28 x 23 cm, 1 vol., 933 ff., board covers, covered in green baize.
Scope and Content
Received from the Stamford Estate Office in Altrincham on 5 May 1995.