Triplicate telegrams book, printed by W.H. Hayden & Co. of London, containing copies of 100 numbered telegrams sent out from the Stamford Estate Office in Altrincham. The book produced three copies of each telegram: the top copy was to be torn out and sent to the telegraph office, the second copy was to be sent by post to the correspondent as a confirmation, and the third was to remain in the book for reference. In fact all the confirmation forms appear to be present. The second and third copies were obtained by placing a sheet of two-sided carbonic paper between the confirmation form and the blank or third leaf.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR14/69/5
- Dates of Creation1897-1907
- Physical Description14 x 23.5 cm (landscape), 1 vol., board covers.