The volume contains signed receipts for board wages paid to male and female staff of the Earl of Stamford, probably at Dunham Massey Hall. Staff include the housekeeper, Ann Brown, from whom other employees received their wages. The positions of members of staff are rarely indicated, but duties include night-watching, pumping and general labour.
Staff Wages Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR7/11/4
- Dates of Creation1858-1867
- Physical Description33 x 21 cm, 1 vol., board covers, full-bound in vellum.
Scope and Content
Received from Dunham Massey Hall on 12 September 1978; provenance: Instrument Room off the Library.