The bundle contains two accounts from Messrs Worthington and Nicholls for costs incurred by them in the recoveries and new settlements of the estates of George Harry Grey (1765-1845), 6th Earl of Stamford, upon the marriage of his son George Harry Grey (1802-35), Lord Grey, to Lady Katherine Charteris (d 1844). There is also an abstract of payments relating to the recoveries and new settlements. The total cost was almost £2800.
Bundle of Accounts relating to a Marriage Settlement
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/2/6/6
- Dates of CreationMar 1825
- Physical Description3 pieces, /1-2 enclosed within /3.
Scope and Content
All pieces constituted original bundle '43': see the endorsement on EGR4/2/6/6/3 below.