Correspondence between G[eorge] L. Welford of Lymm, solicitor on behalf of Isaac Timperley, and Robert Cocks and (later) Henry Hall at the Stamford Estate Office in Ashton under Lyne, on behalf of the Stamford Trustees. It concerns a claim respecting damage allegedly done to the farm leased to Timperley's father, Nathaniel Timperley, called Oldfield Farm [cf. EGR14/2/7/409/1 above], by a portion of it having been worked as a brick-yard. In his last letter Welford threatens to commence proceedings, having failed to receive a satisfactory response.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR14/2/7/409/2-12
- Dates of Creation6 Dec 1892-5 Apr 1893
- Physical Description11 pieces.