- MS 873/2/2;WJ Letters (4) to Apsley Cherry-Garrard, 10 July 1917 to September 1918 [Regarding The worst journey in the world] 4 leaves, holograph
- MS 1532/1/28;D Letter to Reverend C.R. Conybeare, 22 July 1875 [Asking him to meet the ship on arrival, describing last sighting of Valorous]
- MS 367/11;D Letter (copy) to Leonard Darwin, 19 June 1909 [Regarding Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Henry Shackleton] 2 leaves, typescript
- MS 498;MJ Letters (2) to Sir George Strong Nares, 1876 [Written during the British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876 (led by Nares), 1 incomplete] holograph
- MS 2;D Letters (95) to Kathleen Scott, 9 September 1911 to 27 February 1922 [Various topics] 113 leaves, holograph
- MS 366/15;ER Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 7 December 1901 [In Papers of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904, volume 5 item 4] autograph
- MS 1453/51;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 24 March 1910 [Note added to a printed notice requesting financial assistance for the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913] 1 leaf, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Lewis Beaumont/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1875-1922
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionCirca 105 letters. MS 498;MJ is on microfilm
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876 (leader George Strong Nares) the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 (leader Robert Falcon Scott), the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (again led by Scott) and general polar matters.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.
Alternative Form Available
MS 498;MJ is a copy.
MS 498;MJ original in the Public Archive of Canada (1982).