- MS 725;BJ Journal pages, 1875-1876 [Including a copy of part or all of a letter to Captain Henry F Stephenson, 12 July 1876 from Polaris Bay, other material is provisionally dated as 12 July to 9 August 1875] 23 leaves, holograph
- MS 1332/4;D Instructions to Lieutenant R B Fulford, 12 July 1876 [Written at Polaris Bay ordering him back to Discovery with despatches for Captain Stephenson] 2 leaves, holograph (Xerox)
- MS 652/1-4;D Records (4) deposited during the expedition and recovered by the Unites States International Polar Year Expedition, 1881-1884 (leader A W Greely)]
- MS 652/5-8;D Records (4) deposited during the expedition and recovered by the Lady Franklin Bay Expedition, 1881-1884 (A W Greely)] 10 leaves, holograph
Beaumont, British Arctic Expedition
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Lewis Beaumont/British Arctic Expedition
- Dates of Creation1875-1876
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 journal, 8 records and 1 set of instructions
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876 (leader George Strong Nares) was sent by the Admiralty and explored the Greenland coast. (Two ships, HMS Alert and HMS Discovery were dispatched). Beaumont was senior lieutenant on board the HMS Discovery under Henry Frederick Stephenson.