Alterations and additions included the raising of the wings adjoining the Centre; alteration of the Entrance Lodge; additions to the South West wing for women; a day room at the Gentlemen's Lodge and other additions, including water tanks.
Alterations and Additions to the Retreat, 1836-1840
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 RET/2/1/6
- Dates of Creation1836 - 1840
- Physical Description11 plans and drawings
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
Much of the Retreat Archive has been digitised with funding from the Wellcome Collection. Copies of digitised records can be viewed online where available by following links provided within the catalogue.