The Private Nursing Department began in 1902. Its function was to supply trained Retreat nurses for the private nursing of patients, either in their own homes or elsewhere. In 1908 it was superseded by the more extensive Trained Nurses Department.
Private Nursing Department
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 RET/5/12/6
- Dates of Creation1902-1909
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Alternative Form Available
Much of the Retreat Archive has been digitised with funding from the Wellcome Collection. Copies of digitised records can be viewed online where available by following links provided within the catalogue.