Comprises the following items: (1) Autograph manuscript of a revised version of Don Tarquinio ; (2) Autograph letter of Rolfe to Father Sidney de Vere Beauclerk, 10 February 1906, held with a printed version of the same letter (1960); and (3) Autograph manuscript commonplace book compiled by Rolfe.
Autograph manuscript of Don Tarquinio by Frederick Rolfe, and a commonplace book compiled by him, together with a letter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Elliott Collection MS Rolfe
- Dates of Creation1904-1906
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 vols and 1 letter (2 ff. conjoined); manuscript. Item (1) is held in a custom-made box covered in blue cloth with gilt lettering on the spine, 'Don Tarquinio/ Fr Rolfe'. (2) is kept inside a transparent plastic folder. (3) is also held in a custom-made box covered in blue cloth with gilt lettering on the spine, 'Fr Rolf/ Manuscript Commonplace Book'.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Frederick William Rolfe (1860-1913), the English novelist and eccentric, who was better known by his assumed name 'Baron Corvo'. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The gift of Fay and Geoffrey Elliott, 2002, supplemented by a later purchase (item 3) in 2003.
Other Finding Aids
The Rolfe items, both manuscript and printed, are described in greater detail in the Library's handlist of the Fay and Geoffrey Elliott Collection (handlist 148) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/handlists/148Elliott.pdf
The Rolfe section of the Elliott Collection also contains printed items, which are catalogued separately.