- MS 529;BJ Notes on the whaling expedition, 18 October 1928 to 18 February 1929 [Hobart to Ross Sea in Nielson Alonso] 1 volume, photocopy
Holroyd, Antarctic Whaling Industry
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 L P Holroyd/Antarctic Whaling Industry
- Dates of Creation18 October 1928 to 18 February 1929
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Nielsen Alonso was one of 14 factory ships operating in Antarctic regions. The ship was prepared to take Hubert Wilkins back to Hobart on the completion of his Trans-Antarctic flight (Graham Land to the Ross Sea) but bad weather made this unnecessary.
Alternative Form Available
This is a copy.