Religious hymn on the glory of God
Hymn, beginning "O God of Gods true God of might, Glory of glories infinite"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-brothertoncollectionmsltq25
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 25
- Dates of Creation17th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 f.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The author of the hymn is unknown
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
Purchased from Quaritch (Sotheby), December 1973
Other Finding Aids
Indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/intro.html
Written in the same hand as recipes at the beginning of Rupert Nye's case-book of 1674-1676 (Lot 172, Sotheby, 20 November 1973, this being Lot 173); Nye was a physician, and son-in-law of Peter Chamberlen (1601-1683, physician and projector).