These papers consist of correspondence and papers of Lord Hanworth, 1884-1936; and correspondence and papers of Sir Jonathan Frederick Pollock, 1802-1938.
Papers of Ernest Murray Pollock, 1st Viscount Hanworth (1861-1935)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.c.941-65,d.428-36
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. c. 941-65, d. 428-36
- Dates of Creation1802-1938
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description34 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ernest Murray Pollock, 1st Viscount Hanworth (1861-1935) was a judge. Sir Jonathan Frederick Pollock (1783-1870) was Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library in 1972 by Lord Hanworth's daughter, Lady Farrer.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.