Most of these letters were written to Edith Craig whilst she was studying in Germany, although one of the letters is addressed to Edith Craig and Edward Gordon Craig and details a trip to Venice with Henry Irving in August 1888. The letters typically consist of news of family and friends, and information on productions Ellen Terry was working on, including details on the rehearsals for 'Macbeth'. One of the letters details the expulsion from school of Edward Gordon Craig. Some of the letters were written whilst Ellen Terry was on the Lyceum Company tour of 1888. Some of the letters have pages missing.
Correspondence dated 1888
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/384/thm/384/1/3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/384/1/3
- Dates of CreationFeb 24 1888-Dec 29 1888
- Physical Description12 letters