Medal (1914-1919); 3 photographs, with photocopies (nd); Manuscript diary, with two photocopies (one bound) and two abbreviated typed transcripts (2 September 1917-27 August 1919); Photocopied birth and death certificates (4 August 1881, 11 August 1949); Photocopied advertisement for the Sun Inn, of which A. Howes was proprietor (nd); Souvenir album of postcards and dried flowers, with selected photocopies of individual postcards (nd).
Arthur Howes papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 037
- Dates of Creation1917-1949
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes a medal and some dried flowers.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Arthur Howes (1881-1949) was a Driver, ASC (Army Service Corps) and 21st Signals, Royal Engineers, serving in Egypt/Palestine.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Delia Mead (grand-daughter).
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available