The collection comprises:
- Memoranda and articles of association, September 1960-May 1967 (BDA 1).
- Draft agreements, 1953-1969 (BDA 2).
- Annual accounts, December 1962-December 1985 (BDA 3).
- Annual general meeting agenda papers, May 1968-May 1978 (BDA 4).
- Reports, 21 March 1963-February 1978 (BDA 5).
- Administrative records, 1974-1976 (BDA 6).
- Correspondence, January 1963-May 1977 (BDA 7).
- Subject files, 1968-1978 (BDA 8).
- Printed product catalogues, 1966-1978 (BDA 9).
- Pension and assurance scheme booklets, 1962-1973 (BDA 10).
- Assorted printed, typescript and manuscript papers about the company, 1964-1979 (BDA 11).
- Photographs, c.1964-c.1979 (BDA 12).
- Newspaper cuttings, 1965-1978 (BDA 13).
- Personal papers of Dennis Walton, 1963-1983 (BDA 14-15).
The records in this collection are essentially the private papers of Dennis Walton and relatedirectly to his management of the company's factory in Alfreton and the marketing of its products.Despite the absence of formal meeting minutes and a comprehensive run of annual reports andfinancial statements, the collection provides a good record of the firm's constitutional history,business activities and products during the period when Dennis Walton was managing director,1963-1979. The collection has general relevance for studies of the British clothing industry duringthis period. The product catalogues and fashion photographs would support research into fashion orclothing design history.