The volume contains summaries of leases (including the dates, names of lessees, terms and rents payable) arranged under the manor, rectory, farm, etc. concerned, normally one page being assigned to each property; with notes of improved values and fines and other miscellaneous information. The dates covered are 1683 to 1765, but most of the leases date from the 1730s-1750s, during the Bishopric of Benjamin Hoadly. The volume was probably compiled circa 1761, on the death of Hoadly. The leases relate to property across the south of England, in particular Hampshire, Surrey, and Taunton in Somerset.
Bishopric of Winchester Leasehold Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1144
- Dates of Creation1683-1765
- Physical Description247 x 190 mm. 1 volume (128 folios); Medium: paper and parchment. Condition: fragile.