Five notebooks containing collations by W.S. Allen of four texts of the Gospels in the Bishops' Bible and the Authorized Version, as preliminary work for W.S. Allen and E.C. Jacobs, The coming of the King James Gospels (Fayetteville : University of Arkansas Press, 1995).
W.S. Allen notebooks
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.d.2705-9
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. d. 2705-9
- Dates of Creation[199-?]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Ward S. Allen (b 1922) was a translator of the Gospels.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The notebooks were given to the Library by W.S. Allen in 1995.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.