Manuscript and typescript drafts, [c. 1946]-1956, of poems by Margiad Evans, including penultimate and final drafts of her first published volume of poetry, Poems from Obscurity (London, 1947). Drafts of other published poems, -, include eleven sonnets published in A Candle Ahead (London, 1956), pp. 32-38 (ff. 71-81), 'The Sufferer' (f. 85; marked 'published in Saskatchewan'), and 'In memory of a little god' (ff. 98-105). Unpublished poems include 'Yesterday and Today' and 'Poem' (ff. 87-89), and 'Cassandra desolated' (ff. 91-97).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 23374E.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004646266
- Dates of Creation[c. 1946]-1956 /
- Name of Creator
- Physical Descriptioni, 111 ff. (blank from f. 107 verso). Notebooks and loose papers, guarded and filed at NLW.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23374E.