A volume containing an early manuscript draft, [c. 1932], by Margiad Evans of her second novel, The Wooden Doctor (Oxford, 1933), here entitled 'A Divine Image', and containing material not included in the published text. The volume was originally in the possession of the geologist and palaeontologist Robert Etheridge and contains notes by him, 1854, on lead mining in Cardiganshire (ff. 242 verso-244).
The Wooden Doctor,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 23357B.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004645964
- Dates of Creation1854, [c. 1932] /
- Name of Creator
- Physical Descriptionii, 246 ff. (many leaves torn out) ; 210 x 135 mm. Leather covers with blind tooling.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23357B.
'Robert Etheridge F.G.S. F.R.S.E. Philosophical Institution Bristol. 1854' on f. 1; 'P. Whistler Lavender Cottage Ross Herefordshire' on f. ii verso.