The collection includes the following items.
- Notebook containing drafts of poems in the style of Old Norse sagas, later published as'Grimnismal' in 1931. Pencil and ink annotations indicate that the poems were in the late stages ofredrafting. Undated, c.1930 (MS 177/1);
- Notebook containing prose pieces, including items entitled 'The Masque' and 'Epic and Idyll'.Undated, c.1932 (MS 177/2);
- Typescript translation of 'The Waking of Angantyr' from Old Norse into English by Noel Grudgings.Undated (MS 177/3);
- Typescript poem by Arthur Sale about Noel Grudgings entitled 'Order of the Bath or FulfilledUnrenown for N.U.G.'. Undated, c.1994 (MS 177/4);
- Typescript prose item entitled 'Lodder' by Noel Grudgings. Undated, c.1930 (MS 177/5);
- Copy of a poem translated from Old English, presumably by Noel Grudgings in about 1930, entitled'The Wanderer'. Undated, c.1998 (MS 177/6);
- Copies of translated poems in English. The poems are by Grudgings and the copies were made byArthur Sale. Undated, c.1998 (MS 177/7).