Photograph (1903/1904); Dinner menu (21 February 1914); Front page of German newspaper B. Z. am Mittag (30 April 1914); 2 letters to 'Ruth' (21 April 1914, 28 May 1914); 3 army telegrams (October 1914); Typescript letter, with translation (23 November 1914); Typescript diary extracts (24 May-11 June 1915); 2 typescript letters (17 November 1915, 24 November 1915); Typescript letter, signed 'R' (nd); 2 certificates (22 March 1916, 31 January 1935); New year dinner menu for Hotel Esplanade, Berlin (31 December 1915); Charcoal sketch of dog (April 1915); Hand-painted Christmas card (nd); Press cuttings (17 August 1915-13 May 1916, nd); Army orders (December 1916); 2 memoranda (30 March 1916, 22 July 1916); Delousing ticket (30 April 1917); Manuscript note (nd); 50 photographs (1914-1918); Identification disk (nd); Pieces of shrapnel (nd); Religious charm (nd); Photograph album (April 1914-May 1918).
Hans Meyer papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection GE 16
- Dates of Creation1903-1918
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description1.5 boxes; manuscript, typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes 2 army telegrams, a charcoal sketch, a hand-painted Christmas card, a delousing ticket, an identification disk, pieces of shrapnel, and a religious charm.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Hans Heinrich Meyer, born in 1882, was a Sergeant with the German Medical Service on the Western Front, wounded and held in France for six weeks in 1914. He served as an Artillery Officer on the Eastern Front from 1915.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Tony Meyer Dyhrenfurth (son) in February 1990. See Research Correspondence File.
In German, but with a little English.
Other Finding Aids
German catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available