Correspondence, handbills and request for subscriptions for the FabianSociety parliamentary candidate at Newcastle upon Tyne, Frederick Hammill.
PEASE EDWARD REYNOLDS 1857-1955SECRETARY FABIAN SOCIETY
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0573
- Dates of Creation1894
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionOne folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edward R. Pease 1857 - 1955
Edward Pease was born in Bristol in 1857. From 1874 to 1878 he worked in amerchant's office, and in 1880 he became a member of the London StockExchange. In 1886 he left the Stock Exchange and went to Newcastle to becomea cabinet-maker and trade unionist. Pease co-founded the Fabian Society in1883, and was Secretary 1890 - 1913, and Honorary Secretary 1814 - 1938. Hewas also Governor of London School of Economics from its foundation in 1895.From 1900 to 1913 he was a member of the Executive of the Labour Party. Hedied in 1955.
His publications include:
- The History of the Fabian Society (1916)
- Webb and the Fabian Society" in "The Webbs and their Work (1949)
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
No further listnecessary
Conditions Governing Use