Printed shipping lists inlaid into a bound volume, with manuscript notes and indices. The watermark in the section of rough notes suggests that the volume was bound together sometime after 1858. Comprising:
- List of commanders now, or late, in the service of the Hon. the United East India Company, with their order of rank (?London: Charles Hardy, 1799), covering the period from 1756 to publication in 1799, annotated in manuscript.
- A register of ships employed in the service of the Hon. the United East India Company from the Union of the two companies in 1707, to the year 1760 (London: Charles Hardy, 1799). This register records the number of voyages, tonnage, commanders, owners, surgeons and pursers. With an index of ships, 1760-1780.
- East India ships with their managing owners, commanders, officers &c. (?London: 1801), covers 1780 to 1801, with appendices listing directors, owners and watermen. With an index of ships, 1780-1801.
- Manuscript index of ships, 1708/9-1779/80.
- Manuscript index of commanders, 1708/9-1759/60.
- Manuscript index of commanders, 1760/1-1779/80.
- Manuscript index of officers, 1760/1-1779/80.
- Manuscript index of surgeons, 1760/1-1779/80.
- Draft manuscript lists and rough notes.