NEC minutes, 1949-64; various series of reports, 1873-1967; census, 1881; handbook, 1948; judicial proceedings, 1908.
National Association of Operative Plasterers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.126/op
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.126/OP
- Dates of Creation1873-1967
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The National Association of Operative Plasterers was formed in 1860. In 1968 the union transferred engagements to the Transport and General Workers' Union.
Reference: R. Postgate, The builders' history. NFBTO, 1923.
Conditions Governing Access
Prior written permission to consult the archive is required. Researchers should apply to the Mr R. Scott, TGWU, Transport House, Palace Street, London, SW1E 5JD.
The archive forms part of the larger Transport and General Workers' Union archive in the Centre. An authority file exists for this corporate body (GB 152 AAR305).
As a predecessor of the Transport and General Workers' Union the initial deposit was made in 1976 by that union. Accruals to the deposit are listed under the entry for the Transport and General Workers' Union (MSS.126/TG) . The archive has been deposited in the Centre on indefinite loan.