An imperfect, ? early seventeenth century manuscript with, bound in at the end, a ? previous, brown-paper cover inscribed in a later hand 'Llyfr Achau Llangannau 1740'. The contents consist largely of miscellaneous genealogical data much of which relates to Glamorgan and South Wales. Ff. 51-2 contain a transcript, in a later seventeenth century hand, of a Welsh strict-metre poem not attributed to any poet. There are some marginal annotations possibly in the hand of Edward Williams ('Iolo Morganwg').
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13073B.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004982753
- Dates of Creation[1601x1826].
- Language of MaterialWelsh, English.
- Physical Description55 ff., many fragmentary. Repaired and rebound in half vellum. Bound in at the end is a ? previous, brown-paper cover.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Llanover B. 13.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13073B.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).
The names of William Powell, Mary Jenkin, and Davydd William 'of St. Brides' appear on various pages.