A small notebook in a paper cover formed of two copies of printed conditions for printing Poems, Lyric and Pastoral, by Edward Williams, containing transcripts by William Owen [-Pughe] of two poems by Cynddelw ('Can Tyssiliau' and 'Canu y Duu [i Dduw]') and (p. ) of a letter in English from the Reverend Dr. Samuel. Jones, Lower Dublin [Philadelphia], 8 May 1793, to Evan Evans, Waunfawr near Caernarvon, beginning 'Your Brother, as I suppose, who calls himself John Evans . . .' [i.e. John Evans, explorer]. On the outside Iolo Morganwg has written 'Cynddelw, Gm. Owain , . . .' and at a later date 'Yw perchen hwnn. Mi ai cefais gantho mewn Camsyniad yn Ile llyfr i'm hunan, (yn) 1804'. Also on the cover is the letter 'D' [Class D].
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 13175A.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls006006056
- Dates of Creation[1785x1826] /
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh, English.
- Physical Description40 pp. (paginated 1-30, the remainder blank except for pp. 33-35). Paper cover.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Title based on contents.
Formerly known as Llanvover E. 13.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 13175A.
Other Finding Aids
The description is also available in the Handlist of Manuscripts in the National Library of Wales, Volume IV (Aberystwyth, 1971).